Thursday, July 14, 2016

It's my last day in D.C. and I'm looking around my room thinking where did my week go?

     Today was an absolute blast! First of all, I met with Senator Inhofe and we had a wonderful conversation about journalism and college. The conversation even went into mission work and hopes for the world. I loved meeting with him and he was very generous to offer me some time. Also, the Capitol Building is beyond amazing!

     The rest of the afternoon was spent roaming around the National Mall, doing whatever we wanted to do. So, for obvious reasons, I checked out some of the Smithsonians. My personal favorite was the Museum of Natural History. I loved all of the animal exhibits, and the gems exhibit was beautiful as well. I also spent sometime in the Arts Garden and the Air and Space Museum. All in all it was a wonderful day of exploring.

     I am writing a little it early today because I have had some downtime to get ready for the big gala tonight at the Marriott in downtown D.C. After the fun night I'm sure I will be exhausted, and will have a lot of packing to do, which brings me to my next point...

     Tonight is my last night on my trip, and I wanted to give my blog a little bit of closure. Since I will be leaving in the morning my computer is going to be packed up tonight, so this is my final blog. I want to say that this has been the trip of a lifetime. I made friends here that I know I will have for a long time, and I don't look forward to saying goodbye tomorrow. Also, the connections I have made are incredible and I know the future in them will be bright. I have learned so much, and have seen so much in so little time it is hard to express just how much I have taken in. But, I would not trade this journey for the world.

     When I got on the plane to fly out from Oklahoma City five days ago it took all of the twenty seconds of courage I had to get me on that plane. I was going alone to somewhere I had never been and would not know anyone or anything to expect. Now it is going to take all of the twenty seconds of courage I have to leave this place tomorrow. I want to thank everyone for supporting me through this adventure, it has been one I will never forget. God sent me such blessing when I was invited to come here. Here's to another great adventure, and all of the many that are to come!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't be happier for you. I knew all you needed was a little push, then I would get to see you fly.

    ReplyDelete