Sunday, July 10, 2016

There is a beautiful quote by Benjamin Mee that goes,

"It only takes twenty seconds of insane courage, just twenty seconds of embarrassing bravery..."

     Today I took twenty seconds to get on a plane all alone and fly halfway across the country to a place where I would not know anyone. So far, I have no regrets. I have just completed my first evening in Washington D.C. at George Mason University for the Washington Journalism and Media Conference. Thus far, I have enjoyed a great meal, an encouraging speaker, some wonderful introductions, and an enthusiastic group meeting that has me excited for the rest of the week.

     Still, I have no idea what tomorrow holds, and what to expect for the next five days is still beyond me. However, as of this evening I am very hopeful that this week will be the unforgettable experience that was promised.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you and I know you will have an amazing week. Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Hannah! So proud of you and love getting updates! :) - kami

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing and ready to start stepping out into the world and make your mark!

    ReplyDelete